Business and ICT
The Business Education and ICT faculty offers a range of subjects to students across the KS 3, 4 and 5 age range.
In Year 9 all students follow a core ICT course to ensure their basic ICT skills are sound and to prepare them for higher level courses at KS4.
At KS4 and 5 students may choose from a range of Business & ICT courses. The faculty employs a wide range of specialist subjects to deliver all our courses from KS3 all the way through to A-Level and BTEC National qualifications.
The Faculty is very proud of its inclusive curriculum and we continue to achieve good or outstanding results. We are also particularly pleased to offer the following:
- Support for the students via after school clubs
- Individualised learning and assessment for learning
- On-going improvements to Teaching & Learning and sharing of good practice, ideas and resources through regular department meetings
- Out of classroom learning including visits to, and from, local employers and businesses
- Promotion of Enterprise and innovation through the curriculum
- Promoting the use of ICT across the curriculum
- Our regular communication with parents
We offer clear progression for all student abilities in the following range of courses.
At KS4, students currently have the choice to study GCSE Business studies or the BTEC Business First Award. They can also choose GCSE Computing or BTEC Certificate in Digital Applications.
At post 16 we offer A-Levels in Business Studies, Economics and Computing. We also offer BTEC National Extended Certificates in Business, ICT, Enterprise and Applied Law (the equivalent of an A-level qualification), as well as a BTEC National Diploma in Business (the equivalent of 2 A level qualifications).
For further information, please contact the Head of Faculty, Mr R Richardson: firstname.lastname@example.org