As an Academy, Queen Elizabeth's School is its own admissions authority and each year sets the admissions criteria and number following consultation.
Prospective parents seeking admission after the commencement of Year 9, or to tour the school at any other time should contact our Admissions Department at email@example.com
Children attending schools in the Wimborne pyramid should receive full application details via their Middle Schools. If your child is not in the pyramid, you can obtain this information and the current policy on admissions from our website.
Feeder Middle Schools
- Allenbourn Middle School
- Cranborne Middle School
- Emmanuel Middle School
- St Michael's Middle School
In simple terms, if the school is oversubscribed, priority goes to applications in the following order:
- Looked After Children
- Older brother or sister at QE
- Children living in the school's catchment area
- Attendance at feeder Middle Schools
- Children of staff newly appointed in order to fill a demonstrable skills shortage
- Proximity to the school
Policy Consultation - 2025-2026 School Admission Arrangements
Please review the proposed Dorset County Council admissions arrangements at this link:
- In Year Application Form
- Catchment Map
- Parents Guide 2023-24
- Parents Guide 2024-25
- 2023-2024 Admissions Arrangements
- 2024-2025 Admissions Arrangements
- Appendix A - Glossary and Definitions
- Appendix E: Application Process - Admission of Children outside their normal age group
- Appendix F: Application Form - Admission of Children outside their normal age group
Any applicant refused a place has a right of appeal to an independent appeals panel.
Sixth Form Application Process
If you are interested in joining our Sixth Form, please contact Mrs Roxanne Riding on firstname.lastname@example.org who will be pleased to explain the application process.
Applications will open after our Sixth Form Open Evening which is taking place on Thursday 9th November 2023