Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)
AS Level - UCAS points (up to A*)
The EPQ allows students to discover the joys of independent learning, take
responsibility for their own study and develop new life and study skills.
The student is required to:
· Choose an area of interest - this can be as an extension of their chosen subjects
or an extension of their extra-curricular activities and interests.
· With Supervision, formulate a title or question for the project and put forward the
aims they wish to achieve
· Plan, research and complete the project
· Deliver a presentation to an audience
· Provide a written assessment of the project at all stages to show development
and a final conclusion
Universities support and value the EPQ as evidence of a student's ability to use a range of skills that are vital for successful study in higher education.
Grade 6 in GCSE English Language