BTEC National Diploma in Business
BTEC National Diploma
2018 - 2020
Course Content & Assessment
The Faculty is very proud of its inclusive curriculum and we continue to achieve good or outstanding results. We are also particularly pleased to offer the following:
• Out of classroom learning including numerous visits to, and from, local employers and businesses.
• Promotion of Enterprise and innovation through the curriculum;
• Promoting the use of ICT across the curriculum
Support for the students via after school clubs;
• Individualised learning and assessment for learning;
• On-going improvements to Teaching & Learning and sharing of good practice, ideas and resources through regular department meetings
Do you think you have what it takes? Do you want to go into being the next Lord Sugar? Then Business is for you! BTEC Diploma in Business is a practical, work-related course designed to provide students with a broad range of knowledge about the business environment. The combination of assessment styles give students confidence that they can succeed in the workplace and also have the study skills to continue learning on higher education courses.
BTEC Business students at QE are responsible for delivering at least one Enterprise related initiative. In Year 13 students build on the knowledge and experiences of Year 12 to fully manage a social enterprise event from inception to a professional conclusion.
Employers play a major part in the course.Current partnerships include: Blue Sky Financial Planning; JP Morgan; Nationwide; Teacher’s Building Society. Students take part in a wide range of activities: such as the ‘ICAEW Challenge
Entry Criteria & Progression
Route A: BTEC Business L2 Pass
Route B: GCSE Grade 5 in English Language
BTEC Nationals are valued by employers, universities and colleges and support learners in applying for jobs in business related careers such as accounting, administration, customer service, finance, IT, personnel or sales.